1. Our commitment
2. Collection of personal information
2.1 Information we collect from you
The amount of personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us. We will collect personal information from you if you:
- Browse, make an enquiry, contact us, subscribe or otherwise interact on our website
- apply to become a user of our Acqua by Davey website
- contact us by telephone or correspond with us
- order a product (including via Acqua by Davey’s website)
- register an App associated with an Acqua by Davey product or service
- download an App which incorporates a Bluetooth scanning feature (e.g. Davey Lifeguard)
- make a product complaint or warranty enquiry
- complete an application or enter into an agreement
- call our Customer Service line
- attend a conference or seminar
- enter a promotion or competition
- apply for a job at Acqua by Davey, either directly or through an agency
The type of personal information we collect may include:
- contact information such as your name, job title and home or business address, email address, telephone, mobile phone number and facsimile number;
- payment data, as required to process payments and fraud prevention;
- information associated with usage of Acqua by Davey ‘smart’ products, such as water quality, rainwater tank levels, your water usage, number of people living in your house, and
- your primary use of Firefighter equipment;
- location data from devices with Davey mobile Android and iOS Apps which use Bluetooth (e.g. Davey Lifeguard) even when the App is closed or not in use;
- your password for the Davey Dealer website;
- details of your visits to our premises;
- other personal data, based on your consent, in connection with registration to events or seminars such as dietary requirements or disabilities.
Where we request information from you, we will generally state the purpose(s) for its use and to whom it may be disclosed.
2.2 Credit reporting information
Acqua by Davey also collects financial and trading information in order to establish and manage business and customer relationships. This information is securely held for internal accounting and administration purposes associated with the provision of products and services (including the extension of commercial credit) to customers and in order to enhance our business relationship and level of service.
Collection of commercial credit information is undertaken only with consent. To complete an application to open an account or extend commercial credit we may ask you to provide information including your: ABN, business name, date of birth, driver’s license number, business type and structure, trading history and commercial trade references. We may also ask for the name and contact details of fellow directors (if you are a corporate client) which you must ensure you are entitled to disclose, and is with the consent of the individual, for the purposes described in this clause.
Acqua by Davey may receive commercial credit information about you from a credit reporting body or trade referees nominated by you. Acqua by Davey may also disclose limited commercial information about you to third parties where you have nominated Acqua by Davey as a trade reference, solely to fulfil this purpose. Commercial credit information will used to assess your credit worthiness and for any other permitted purposes agreed by you as set out in our Credit Account Application form.
To the extent that you are an unincorporated entity, this is personal information covered by this policy. Information about corporate retail customers, which is about an identifiable person, is also personal information covered by this policy. Acqua by Davey does not have a practice of collecting or holding consumer credit information.
Enquiries for access to or correction of commercial credit information or credit eligibility information, or complaints about the failure of Acqua by Davey to comply with the relevant credit reporting privacy legislation (if this binds Acqua by Davey), can be made as set out below at sections 5 and 9.
2.3 Websites and Social Media
To customise your user experience on our website we may provide you with the opportunity to connect, access and/or interact with third-party social networking services, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest. If you participate in one of our promotional campaigns through these third-party social networking services to, you are authorizing Acqua by Davey to access and use certain information from your social network profile. You can opt- out of authorising Acqua by Davey from collecting or accessing your information when you are not using the application and you can cancel this service at any time by deleting the application from your social network account.
2.4 Information we collect from other parties
We may also collect information about you from other parties such as:
- credit reporting agencies – for the purpose of ascertaining or assisting others as to your creditworthiness where you have consented to this (refer to 2.2);
- our dealers including our Authorised Warranty Service Dealers – to ensure that warranty claims have been managed appropriately.
2.5 Sensitive information
We do not collect sensitive information such as your race, religion, beliefs or sexual preference except where you have consented or where we are permitted or required by law to do so. We do not typically collect such information.
2.6 What happens if you choose not to provide the information?
You do not have to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with our full range of support and services. You can generally visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
3. Use of personal information
We collect personal information from you for a number of reasons, including to:
- sell and deliver our products and services to you (including applications for credit);
- manage warranty claims and provide after sales service and repair;
- analyse and improve our goods, services and communications to you;
- send you information about our products and services;
- respond to your questions or requests for help or information;
- assist us forecast the future demand for our products and services;
- analyse our website usage and enhance the content of our website;
- keep a record of our dealings with each other including to manage and administer our business relationship though the processing of payments, accounting, auditing, billing and
- collection and support services;
- protect the security of and manage access to our on-line and physical premises;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
4. Disclosure of personal information
Acqua by Davey recognizes the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and so will not give your personal information to third parties unless:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- it is necessary for us to do so to fulfil the primary purpose(s) for which we collected your personal information;
- it is for a related purpose which you would reasonably expect us to do; or we are required to do so by law.
The third parties we will typically share your personal information with include companies in our own corporate group, including our Australian parent company GUD Holdings Limited, your authorised representatives and service providers which we use to conduct our business, functions and activities. These organisations may be involved or conduct:
- mailing, shipping or courier operations;
- information technology services;
- legal, auditing, accountancy or other professional services;
- credit reporting services;
- promotions and competitions;
- repair, installation or maintenance services;
- insurance services;
- market research and social media support;
- billing and debt collecting functions;
- website usage analysis.
Third parties such as Google, Inc. collect location data from devices with Davey mobile Android and iOS Apps which use Bluetooth (e.g. Davey Lifeguard) even when the App is closed or not in use. Acqua by Davey does not itself collect or store this information.
If we transfer personal information to countries outside New Zealand we will only do so in compliance with the applicable New Zealand data protection and privacy laws and if we reasonably believe that the information will remain subject to principles for fair handling of the information which are substantially similar to the applicable privacy laws.
5. You can access and correct information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is relevant, accurate, complete and up-to-date. We appreciate you assisting us by letting us know if your personal information has changed.
If you wish to access, or correct, the information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer who may ask that your request be made in writing. We will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable time (usually 30 days). A handling fee may be payable so that we can obtain the information you require.
6. Right to refuse access or correction
We reserve our right to refuse your request for access or correction if, for example, we consider your request to be frivolous or vexatious.
If we refuse your request, we will give you our reasons in writing. If we refuse your request to correct information we hold about you, we will give you the opportunity to post a statement of your claim where we hold your personal information.
The security of your personal information is of great importance to us, and we will take reasonable steps to:
- keep your personal information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other access-controlled records; and
- ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We will endeavour to destroy or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was provided, unless a legal exception applies.
8. Personal Information about Employees
We collect information in relation to employees as part of their application and during the course of their employment, either from them or in some cases from third parties such as recruitment agencies. Under the Privacy Act, 2020 personal information about a current or former employee may be held, used or disclosed in any way that is directly connected to the employment relationship. We handle employee information in accordance with legal requirements and our applicable policies in force from time to time.
9. Updating our Privacy Statement
10. Complaints and further information
The Privacy Officer
Street & Postal Address: 6 Lakeview Drive, Scoresby 3179, Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9730 9215
If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns with you. If, however, you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the offices of the Privacy Commissioner on 0800 803 909.
The Acqua by Davey business is run by a wholly owned subsidiary of GUD Holdings Limited.